Showing all 9 results
What is a Conveyor System?
A conveyor system is an efficient materials handling apparatus for automatically or mechanically transporting loads and materials within an area. They usually consist of a frame that supports either rollers, wheels, or a belt, upon which materials are transported.
Types of Conveyor System:
Belt Conveyor System: Belt Conveyors are material handling systems that use continuous belts to transport materials. Belt conveyors are ideally used where there is no particular size of material and the size of belt is selected based on the maximum width of the goods needing transportation. Belt conveyors are available in powder coat, aluminium, steel and food grade stainless steel finish.
Gravity Conveyor System: Gravity conveyors are the most economical and simplest form of transporting loads from one point to another. Minimal effort required in the movement of goods whether it is manual assistance or gravitational force. Depending on the product size, roller length and pitch is selected to design gravity conveyor for a particular application. Gravity conveyor system is available in Powder Coat, Aluminium and Stainless steel finish.
Pallet Conveyor Tracks: Pallet Conveyor Tracks are an economical, durable and most efficient conveying solution to handle pallets in any warehouse needing to move pallets within the workplace. The modular pallet conveyor tracks comprise of heavy duty rollers forming desired length track which can be installed directly on the ground. Whereas pallet conveyors are heavier version of roller conveyors which is used to transport pallets with mechanism comprising of heavy duty chain, Sprockets and motors.
Roller Turntable: Roller conveyors are a set of parallel rollers or ball rollers supported within a frame where objects can be moved from one conveyor moving in one direction to the other conveyor moving in another direction. Ideally used for sorting or changing the direction of a moving product. Roller conveyors are optimized for transporting a wide variety of packages, cartons, etc.
Benefits of Conveyor System:
- Low initial cost, low maintenance and greater versatility
- Materials are transported across levels, with no limitation to height
- Transportation of too heavy or too bulky materials
- Suitable for sorting and transportation at the same time enhancing process efficiency
- Increase Efficiency and Productivity
Expert Advice On Planning, Designing & Implementation Of Your Warehouse Storage System
Conveyor selection depends on product type, throughput or speed, elevation change, and in some cases, industry focus. Some common key factors to be considered are,
- What is the application of the conveyor?
- What is the average weight per square meter of the product being transported?
- What is the maximum weight of the products being transported?
- What are the minimum, maximum and average dimensions of the product (i.e., length, width and height)?
- How are the products being conveyed and in what orientation?
- What’s the desired speed of the motorised conveyor?
- Is it a single phase or 3 phase conveyor?