Gravity Conveyor - Economical and simplest conveying system
Flexible gravity conveyors are a type of conveyor system that are designed to transport materials without the use of power. They use the force of gravity to move items down an inclined plane, reducing the need for manual labour or power sources.
The key feature of flexible gravity conveyors is their flexibility and adaptability. They are typically made up of multiple, independent rollers or skate wheels that can be connected together to form a flexible conveyor that can be adjusted to fit the dimensions of a workspace.
Flexible gravity conveyors can be expanded or contracted to suit the needs of a particular application. They are often used in situations where materials need to be transported over a variable distance or where space is limited. They are commonly used in warehouses, distribution centres, manufacturing facilities, and shipping and receiving areas.
Types of gravity conveyors
There are several types of gravity conveyors, each designed for specific material handling needs. Here are some of the most common types of gravity conveyors:
- Gravity Roller Conveyor: This type of conveyor consists of a series of rollers that rotate freely on bearings, allowing products to move along the conveyor surface. Gravity roller conveyors are suitable for handling heavier loads and are often used in manufacturing and distribution applications.
- Skatewheel Conveyor: This type of conveyor consists of a series of small wheels mounted on axles, which allow products to flow smoothly and easily over the conveyor surface. Skatewheel conveyors are ideal for handling light to medium loads and are often used in packaging and shipping applications.
- Chute Conveyor: This type of conveyor uses gravity to move products down a decline, typically in a straight line or curve. Chute conveyors are often used in applications where products need to be transported over a long distance, such as in warehouses and distribution centres.
- Spiral Conveyor: This type of conveyor consists of a series of rotating disks that move products vertically or horizontally along a spiral path. Spiral conveyors are often used in applications where space is limited and products need to be transported to multiple levels.
- Flex Conveyor: This type of conveyor can be expanded or contracted to suit different material handling needs. Flex conveyors are typically used in loading and unloading applications where space is limited.
Overall, gravity conveyors offer a simple, low-cost, and effective material handling solution for a wide range of applications. The type of gravity conveyor chosen will depend on the specific needs of the application, such as load capacity, product size and weight.
Benefits of flexible gravity conveyor systems
- Flexible gravity conveyors can be easily adjusted to fit the dimensions of a workspace, making them suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Flexible gravity conveyors are easy to operate, requiring minimal training and maintenance.
- Because they don’t require power, flexible gravity conveyors are a cost-effective option for material handling.
- Flexible gravity conveyors are typically lightweight, which makes them easy to mov
Which industries use flexible gravity conveyor systems?
Flexible gravity conveyor systems are a versatile material handling solution that can be used across a range of industries. Here are some of the industries where flexible gravity conveyor systems are commonly used:
- E-commerce and Retail: Flexible gravity conveyor systems are commonly used in e-commerce and retail facilities for order fulfilment and shipping applications. They can be used to transport products from one area to another, such as from a packing station to a shipping area.
- Food and Beverage: Flexible gravity conveyor systems are used in the food and beverage industry for processing, packaging, and distribution. They can be used to transport raw materials, finished products, and packaging materials.
- Manufacturing: Flexible gravity conveyor systems are used in manufacturing facilities to transport raw materials and finished products from one stage of production to another.
- Logistics and Distribution: Flexible gravity conveyor systems are used in logistics and distribution centres to move products throughout the facility. They are often used in conjunction with other material handling equipment such as palletizers and automated storage and retrieval systems.
- Pharmaceutical: Flexible gravity conveyor systems are used in the pharmaceutical industry for packaging, labelling, and distribution. They can be used to transport products from one area to another, such as from a filling station to a packaging station.
Overall, conveyor systems can be used in any industry that requires efficient and effective material handling solutions. Minimal effort required in the movement of goods whether it is manual assistance or gravitational force. This is a proven product, highly configurable, easy, reduced installation and low maintenance conveying solution. This flexible gravity conveyor system is available in powder coat, aluminium and stainless steel finish.
If you are looking for a Gravity Conveyor fill up the quick enquiry form on the page for a FREE no obligation quote. We can also supply and install in all major cities including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide and beat any written quote.