Drive In Pallet Racking
This variety of racking is used where high-density storage is required. Drive in pallet racking is frequently used in facilities with a low number of product lines.
- Accessible by the First-In, Last-Out principle
- High-density storage allowing a greater number of pallets to be stored per cubic metre than other storage systems
- Ideal for batches of pallets
- Suitable for seasonal goods and fluctuating stock demand
- Ideal for cold storage, chill storage and bulk storage applications
- Suitable for fragile loads, which cannot be bulk stacked
DetailsCategory: Pallet Racking Systems
Pallets are stored in a block system with fewer aisles. Forklifts drive into the racking to load or retrieve pallets, which are stored on cantilevered rails running throughout the system. The first pallet in is the last one out (FILO) unless a drive-through system is used, whereby pallets can be loaded or retrieved from either side.
Speed of operation is good with standard forklift trucks driving into the lanes to pick and place pallets. It can be further increased by the provision of lead-in rails and guidance rails within the lanes.